We took some screenshots from some of the wildfire cameras that are available around Lake Almanor.
We find it ironic that PG&E has provided us cameras to watch the inferno that they may have caused.
Recently a judge ordered PG&E to explain their role in the Dixie and Fly Fires in Northern California. It is rumored that PG&E may have had equipment failures when a downed tree fell on their line. Click HERE to read more about the judge’s order and PG&E’s response to the allegation. They basically said that they will comply with the judge’s order to make a statement by the assigned date.
The Cal Fire website shows the active fires in California and gives information on the fire’s size, location, and containment. With the Dixie Fire, they say they have stretched hoses and installed pumps from Lake Almanor to Westwood. There is very little new information for Chester, but last report is that it was still there.
Additional Evacuation Info
- Springs of Hope Church at 59 Bell Lane, Quincy, CA 95971
- Located on the east side of Quincy. Traveling from the east (from Graeagle) on highway 70 at the first stoplight turn right onto Mill Creek, then left on Lee Road, then right on Bell Lane. Traveling from the west (from Greenville) on Highway 70 at the first stoplight turn left onto Quincy Jct Rd., then right onto Bell Lane.
- Holy Family Catholic Church at 108 Taylor Ave, Portola, CA 96122
- Located on the south side of Portola across the river. Traveling east (from Quincy) on highway 70 at the light turn right on Gulling over the bridge, immediately left on Taylor Ave, located on the right. Traveling west (from Reno) on highway 70 at the light turn left on Gulling go over the bridge, immediately left on Taylor Ave on the right.
- Lassen Community College at 478-200 CA-139, Susanville, CA 96130
- Located just outside of town. Traveling north (from Reno) on 395, turn right on Ash Street/CA139, about a mile and a half school on the right. Traveling South (from Chester) on 395, left on Ash Street/CA139, about a mile and a half school on the right.
- Lassen High School at 1110 Main Street, Susanville, CA 96130.
- Located right in town Main Street/395.
If you need transportation to evacuate please call 530-283-6414.
Stay safe everyone.